Sunday, October 1, 2017

How to Make a Creative Paperclay® Witches Hat Decoration for Halloween

Hello and welcome to another tutorial! Today I am going to show you how to make another Halloween decoration on your own using Creative Paperclay®.  I did lose some photos though as my SD card went bad 😞. I tried my very best to improvise so you could fully grasp each step. 😊Enjoy!

This week we are going to make a Witches Hat!




Supplies Needed :

Cardboard
Aluminium Foil
Masking Tape
Glue Gun
Creative Paperclay®.
Gesso
Acrylic Paints
Varnish
Raffia

Sculpting tools
Paint brushes
Water

Step 1

Cut a circle out of a piece of cardboard. This will be the base of your witches hat.



Step 2

Using aluminum foil build the shape of the top of witches hat.



Step 3

Cover the card board with masking tape. This will prevent the cardboard from absorbing moisture from the clay and warping.




Step 4

Cover armature with Creative Paperclay®, smooth and set aside to dry.



Step 5

Sand and fix any cracks.

Step 6

Apply a coat of gesso and set aside to dry.



Step 7

Paint with your favorite acrylic paints and set aside to dry.



I drew around my circles with charcoal to make them stand out.




Step 8

Varnish and set aside to dry. If you use the charcoal, you must use a spray varnish.


Step 9

Add embellishments if you like.






There you have it! Another homemade Halloween decoration. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.









Thanks for stopping by!
Suzette

Blog: https://papermachepatch.com
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/papermachepatch/

No comments: