Monday, April 11, 2016

Kerrie's Tip: Transferring Designs to Paperclay

Transferring a pattern to dry Paperclay is easy using a watercolor pencil and a little water. Start with dry Paperclay.



 Using a watercolor pencil, draw or trace your design onto a plain sheet of paper.



Spray your dried piece with a light mist of water.



Spread the water to an even layer.



Place your design into the Paperclay and rub gently until the paper becomes translucent.



Lift the paper carefully.



Your design is transferred!



How do you transfer your designs?

--- 
About Kerrie
Dreamer. Dabbler. Noodler.

I am a mixed media sculptor working primarily in clay. Though clay is my passion, at the core, I'm simply a maker, a builder, a creator. Making things makes me happy.

I make videos about making things and post them on my channel Kerrie Lee:Dream Up on YouTube and on my website KerrieLee.com.

1 comment:

SandeeNC said...

Cool, never thought about transferring onto Paperclay!