Monday, April 4, 2016

Creating with accent pieces

Hi everyone! 
My project today is a wall hanging using Creative Paperclay ivy leaves and word tiles glued onto a corrugated substrate.

The first thing I did was to cut out around the grass and butterfly images and remove the top layer of cardboard paper revealing the corrugated ripples underneath. Then I made some ivy leaves from a punch mold, painted them with a mixture of ColourArte Primary Elements and DecoArt's Decou-Page and adhered them to the card board with a dimensional glue.
The dimensional glue really sinks down into the ripples to gives your paperclay accent pieces durability.

Next, I used a metal ruler to slice some layers from a chunk of Creative Paperclay and then cut the layers up into tiles. I used rubber letter stamps to press the words into the Paperclay while it was still moist and set the tiles in my oven to harden. ( I like to set mine in the oven while it is cold, then turn it on to 275, as soon as the preheat buzzer goes off I turn the oven off and leave it in there overnight. )

The next day, after they are hardened I trimmed any ragged edges with my scissors and used an emery board to smooth down any rough edges.

After painting the tiles I adhered them with the same dimensional glue to the corrugation.

I love how the  Creative Paperclay really shows all the small details so well.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Lovely details! Wonderful job!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

Love all the details shown with the paper clay and CA products.. You make me want to play!

Kerrie Lee said...

Cutting the block into slices/tiles = brilliant!