Thursday, February 25, 2016

Creative Paperclay® Beaded Curtain

My dear friend, Pat Chapman, and I just wrote Mixed Media in Clay. One of the projects done in the course of writing the book was a beaded curtain out of cast objects and beads. While many of the objects were 3D resin casts, you could easily recreate a beaded curtain with Creative Paperclay® and push molds.

SUPPLIES

Creative Paperclay®
Silicone/Push molds
Acrylic Paint
Wire or string
Beads



 

 Using a skewer to make a hole to string your beads, make a bead of Creative Paperclay® and add texture using a texture plate or rubber stamp.
Wet your finger and smooth any edges.
















Keep making beads. Create two objects from each press mold so you can glue them together later on. Before we do that,  let them dry and trim or sand them.
















I glue the two similar object together placing a plastic coated wire in between. Because the wire is plastic, I can just wiggle it out the piece and have a hole ready for stringing.
















Stained and ready to string. I might add some store bought beads or found objects for variety.

Play with clay and dream in color.

Darlene Olivia McElroy

2 comments:

SandeeNC said...

Oh my! I LOVE this idea!

Anonymous said...

Gustavo Woltmann thinks this is a fantastic blog!!- Gustavo Woltmann