Friday, December 11, 2015

Snowball Ornament

Hello, Ann here from the Creative Paperclay® Design Team and the blog: Annmakes.  Today I have a fun altered project for you.  Here it is:



To make this glittery snowball tree ornament I actually rescued a broken tacky christmas decoration from last year.  By itself the gold plastic ball looks, well, blah.  It was part of a very nicely decorated gift wrapping, once upon a time.  Now, it was going into the bin or I was going to save it and transform it into a usable ornament for a Christmas Tree.




So, I started with this gold plastic ball.  I covered it with Delight™ and purposely left the bumps so it would look more like a real icy snowball.  The kind you make on a wet snowy day.  Yes, here in Canada we have names for the several varieties of snow we get.  LOL.



I also made a new hook by inserting half of a paperclip into the top part and secured that with a dab of glue.



Once the Delight was dry I covered the top part of the snowball with some shiny sealer that already has a golden glitter incorporated into it.



Once the sealer dried I glued on some acrylic snowflake table scatter, a piece of gold ric-rack and a bow.



Finally, I strung a piece of ribbon through the hook to hang the snowball from the tree's branch.

I hope that you are inspired to make some ornaments or other winter decorations of your own.

Supplies used:
Repurposed tacky gold ball/decoration (my own)
Paperclip (Staples)
Ric-Rac in gold (my stash)
Acrylic snowflakes (my stash)
Piece of white and gold cord (my stash)
Glitter Mod Podge (Plaid)
Glue (Tombow)
Delight™ (Creative Paperclay®)

Please stop by my blog at: http://annmakes.blogspot.com some time and check out my other projects.

Thank you for stopping by.  Happy Holidays.

1 comment:

SandeeNC said...

Clever idea to recycle the old ornaments!