Friday, August 28, 2015

Coloring Creative Paperclay®

Hi, it's Ann here today from Annmakes and the CP Design Team with a quick and fun tip for you.  Did you know that you can use colouring pencils to colour the dry Creative Paperclay®?  Well, yes you can.  Isn't that just wonderful?  I think it is.

So, I have been playing with my pencils and some embellishments I made a while back.  I like to make embellishments and pieces to use in my mixed media in quantity so I am ready to go when I want to make a larger piece of Mixed Media, especially a canvas.  I went and coloured a dolphin, starfish and a fish.  I found that by using wooden coloured pencils on the dry clay (CP) pieces smoothed out any of the rough texture of the clay.  It reminded me of soap stone when I was done colouring.  I also noticed a pearl like finish once I was done colouring, and I found that to be very cool!

Furthermore, after rolling out a piece of Creative Paperclay® and letting it air dry, I used some Archival ink and a stamp on the clay .  It stamped just like on paper.  I then used my coloured pencils to colour in the image and it worked beautifully.



That's my tip for today, I hope that I have inspired you to look at your own art supplies in a new way and encourage you to give it a try.  Thank you for stopping by.

Ann from the blog at: http://annmakes.blogspot.com.

No comments: