Monday, May 11, 2015

Our Special Fairy Garden

Hi!

Today I wanted to share a fairy garden that my grandson and I created with a little help from Creative Paperclay®

He picked out some fairy garden items at the store, but I wanted to make it an extra special experience by creating some of our own. We had so much fun!

We created stepping stones, a pond with fish in it, some mushrooms, and flowers with faces.


Let me show you how we created the pond

I used wire mesh to create a curved shape and added paperclay to it. I rolled a tube of paperclay, cutting pieces to create the bricks on the edge of the pond.









I painted it using Americana multi-surface paint. My grandson added sticker fish and I covered them with glossy accents to make it appear they were under water. Note: The glossy accents will be cloudy when you first pour it but will be clear once it dries.

 













This is how we created the mushrooms

My grandson took a piece of paperclay and rolled it into a ball. He took another piece and rolled it into what would look like a tootsie roll. I took over and formed the ball into the mushroom cap and the roll into the stem.













When dry, glue the cap to the stem and paint.




Lets make the stepping stones


My grandson made several small balls and flattened each of them with his palm. I helped to smooth the edges. When dry he painted both sides.





Creating the flower faces

I have a silicon form that has several sizes of faces. I chose the smallest size and painted them.



I picked up some small flowers at the craft store and glued the faces to the centers of the flowers.

   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Here are some more pictures of our fairy garden.

 
 
 
 
This was such a special day of fun and creativity for my grandson and I. 
 
Like most boys, this fairy garden adventures involved large bugs attacking and magical gnomes coming to the rescue!   
 
Thanks you for stopping by! I hope this has inspired you to create some special memories with the little ones in your life using Creative Paperclay®

Shari


I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland, Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on creating mixed media art. In addition to being on the Creative Paperclay design team, I am a contributor for the Robin's Nest Design Team, an article writer for Mixed Media Art, and a blogger for DecoArt.
I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and enjoy helping and watching others discover their creativity.

1 comment:

Annmakes said...

This is so stinking cute! I can't stop looking at it. I have to make one of my own.