Monday, February 23, 2015

Shari's Tip of the Month

Hi!,

Today I have a short tip for a short month.

I am going to show you a trick I use to help my stamped images look beautiful. This also helps your stamps be easier to clean when you are done.

I have been testing some intricate stamps on Creative Paperclay®. The problem I was having was that the clay was sticking to the stamps once I removed it. The image was compromised as well.


So when using a stamp whether is intricate or not sprinkle a very small amount of cornstarch on it before using it. Use a dry brush to remove any excess. You can use this trick on your rolling pin too.

Thanks for stopping by!

Shari 



I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland, Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on creating mixed media art. In addition to being on the Creative Paperclay design team, I am a contributor for the Robin's Nest Design Team, an article writer for Mixed Media Art, and a blogger for DecoArt.
I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and enjoy helping and watching others discover their creativity.

No comments: