Monday, February 9, 2015

A Valentine Windchime

Hi!

We are six days away from Valentines day. Instead of a card this year I am sending that someone special in my life (my granddaughter) a Valentine windchime.


Supplies
Creative paperclay®
Unfinished wooden windchime plaque
Word Beads- block style
Americana® Multi Surface paints
Lisa Pavelka texture stamp
Mod Podge gloss lustre
Red twine
Micro black gem stones
Hot glue gun and glue
Let's get started!
  1. Roll out a small ball of paperclay into a thin sheet. 
  2. With the texture stamp on top of clay, use the roller to roll an imprint into the clay.
  3. Cut out the desired shape using a clay knife or pallet knife.
  4. Smooth the edges of your shape, let air dry or bake.
  5. Paint your texture piece as desired and let dry.
  6. Paint the front and back of the wood windchime.
  7. Mod Podge both pieces.
  8. Hot glue your clay piece and word beads to the wood.
  9. Attach the gem stones.
  10. Add a string to hang.
I hope this will inspire you to create an out of the box Valentine greeting for that special someone in your life!


Shari


I have been creating art for as long as I can remember. I studied graphic design in Portland, Oregon before moving to Denton, Texas and putting all my focus on creating mixed media art. In addition to being on the Creative Paperclay design team, I am a contributor for the Robin's Nest Design Team, an article writer for Mixed Media Art, and a blogger for DecoArt.
I strongly believe in giving back. I volunteer at Scrap Denton Creative Reuse Center where I teach workshops, art camps, and perform art demos. I am very passionate about mixed media art and enjoy helping and watching others discover their creativity. 
 
  





2 comments:

Annmakes said...

very very pretty.

Proxxon Tools said...

i love wind chimes, fun project...