Friday, August 15, 2014

Storing Creative Paperclay®

Creative Paperclay® needs to be kept moist after the package is opened.  Here’s how I store my unused Creative Paperclay. I keep the material in the original bag, but before reclosing it, I mist it with a few spritzes of water. I keep a mini-mister filled with water right on my worktable so it’s always handy. Then, I squeeze out as much air as possible, and put the package in a food saver bag and vacuum seal it.  [My food saver is similar to this one: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/foodsaver-v4800-machine/prod11060612.ip] I love getting double duty out of my food saver!!

If you don’t have a food saver, then I recommend following the preceding instructions, but instead of vacuum sealing, put the Creative Paperclay package into a ziplock bag. Again, squeeze out as much air as possible. Then, put this into a tight-sealing plastic container. Give the inside of the container another spritz of water, and you’re all set. Your Creative Paperclay will remain moist and pliable, ready for your next creative session.
Carole

No comments: