Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lynda's December Tips

I am all about saving money - I haven't had a lot of it to spend!  Being asked to be on this design team, has helped me with that one expense - the clay!!!  But - it's the other expenses that can really be tricky for me...  So, here are a few tips to help you save some money at all of "this"!  
  • Learn to recycle containers that are for other things - I used a small


    creamer container for my snowman!  Make sure to wash and allow to dry before you make anything out of it!!!  
  • Use existing supplies - such as templates and stamps - to create things out of them.  Alphabet templates can create your name to add to a framed page, and stamps can be used to make magnets to put on your fridge!  
  • When you do have to spend money on clay and molds, learn to use coupons for your local craft store, or see if you can purchase it in bulk if you happen to use a lot of it. 
  • When you go out to eat, and you go to Carl's Jr, their salads come in a really great container...  Save the container to put your basic tools and supplies in them!  
I am all for "cheap", but I don't like it to look "cheap" if you understand my meaning!!!  Thanks for checking out my tips for this month, and check back in two weeks for some fun Christmas magnets and ornament's I am cooking up!!!  
Lynda Jeffs
Creative PaperClay Design Team 
                                              Memories in Tyme 


 

2 comments:

Charmed Confections said...

Great tips Lynda! It is amazing how you can cut costs down just by looking around your house. LeeAnn

Dianie said...

Wonderful Tips! I love saving money and re-purposing :) I need to go to Carls Jr.'s when I'm out Christmas shopping, I love containers for all my artsy stuff ;)

~Diane