Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jess B's - Cherry Blossom Ombre Fan

Hello Everyone
Hope you are enjoying spring in
all its splendor

The state of Washington D.C.
just celebrated 
National Cherry Blossom Festival 
last month

The first "Cherry Blossom Festival" was held in 1935 under joint sponsorship by numerous civic groups, becoming an annual event. The cherry trees had by this point become an established part of the nation's capitol. In 1938, plans to cut down trees to clear ground for the Jefferson Memorial prompted a group of women to chain themselves together at the site in protest. A compromise was reached where more trees would be planted along the south side of the Basin to frame the Memorial. A Cherry Blossom Pageant was begun in 1940.
Click HERE for more information

Cherry Blossom Ombre Fan

 
Mixed acrylic paints from my stash
you can use three colors within the same family Dark, Medium, and Light
 
Colors used Magenta, Dust Rose and Baby Soft Pink
 I rolled it out and used oval shaped cutter
for my base
 I finished it off with 
embellishments I received as a gift
which happened to have pink elements in them

INGREDIENTS
 
Thanks for stopping by
see you soon!



3 comments:

Barbara Rankin said...

What a beautiful fan, Jess. I love how you used the three colors to give it that ombre look. The cherry blossoms are also beautiful. TFS I may have to make one of these myself.

dawnmercedes said...

oh...what a great idea!! it's lovely!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love your fan! I really especially appreciate the photos along the way as to how you did it... Thank you for that!