Saturday, May 11, 2013

Conversation Talisman Heart Pendants

I absolutely love incorporating jewelry with superstitions, don't you?
I'm Diana and I'm going to show you how I made these beautiful conversation talisman hearts pendants:



You will need:

Creative Paperclay
Acrylic Paint (I used Burnished Copper by Dick Blick)
Shimmer markers
Dictionary or text book pages (or even type and print your own on your computer)
Spray acrylic sealer
glue stick

The process is simple.
You're going to roll a quarter sized bit of clay into a ball, then pinch the bottom, and shape it into a triangle. Once you've done that, you can go ahead and get a toothpick, to shape the top (that will be the shape of the heart).
Make a few if you want, like I did:

Remember to poke a hole in them, for easy jewelry making (you can do this using the aforementioned toothpick).
Let them dry for a bit, then paint them up:


Be generous with your paint, and give them a few coats of paint.
After that, apply some words to resonate your superstitious intentions. You can use some words such as "Dream", "love", "hope".
Once you have applied the words, you can go over the edge of the text with a shimmery marker. I would give you the brand name, but the marker is so old and used that the name has rubbed off, and I my memory fails me. But use whichever you prefer.
Once you've done that, go over them with a generous spraying of Acrylic Sealer. This can be found at the art supply store.
And Voila, you end up with this:


Sometimes clay cracks a bit, and in this case, that is perfectly okay. In fact, it's better that these hearts do not look too "perfect" since I did intend them to be primitive looking.

Thanks for reading my tutorial! Happy Crafting!


Diana

1 comment:

Barbara Rankin said...

I love these heart pendants, Diana. They turned out so beautifully. TFS your how to.