Friday, July 27, 2012

DELIGHT PAPER CLAY HANGING WITH TERRI SPROUL MIXERS!

I had a blast with this project! I made a creative plaque for hanging above my door so I can see it every time I leave the house. I used the Delight clay for this project along with 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul Mixers.

First, I rolled out a whole package of the Delight clay and made a very organic shape with it. I flattened it out a bit and took stamps and imprinted them directly into the clay (I laid a ruler down as my guide to keep everything straight) and then went to town embellishing it! I made a few butterflies, flowers and leaves from the Delight Clay in molds and then even used the Terri Sproul Mixers with 3D Crystal Lacquer and made even more embellishments!

Once the plaque was dry, I filled the embedded letters with 3D Crystal Lacquer and Terri Sproul purple mixer and they just turned out beautiful! I added different hues of blues and purples and some glitter and embellishments and coated it all with a quick spray varnish. I am so happy with how this turned out! Here are a couple of videos I recorded while making this project. I will post the beginning video on my YouTube channel also if you want to see how I used this amazing product!



2 comments:

Barbara Rankin said...

This is beautiful, Kelly. I can tell you had fun making it, and your color choices are very pretty. I really like it.

Kelly Donovan Knittingandthings said...

Thank you so much! I did!!!