Thursday, May 17, 2012

Quick Tip - dried up clay?

Hi all here is a quick tip....
If your clay is all dried up in a very hard block.... (I mean completely hard for several months)
PLEASE DON'T throw it away!!!!!

draw a shape on it...

















carve it carefully with a craft knife or similar
Then sand it with sand paper













decorate it as desired
This is a Pencil topper or in this case it protects a blade from digging into my hand when I want to find something on my desk.

I used Terri Sproul Mixers (steam punk set)
Stampin Up! Early Esspresso ink pad and sponge
Watch parts and 3D crystal Laquer.
and Fiskars craft drill to drill the hole in the bottom. (yes you can drill the stuff when it is dry! cool aye!)


















Thanks for dropping by!
Debbie Buckland
http://artycrafty.wordpress.com

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Very cool! Good to know it can be sanded and drilled! I really like all those little watch bits on it too! Thanks very much!...Nancy :o)

pooky said...

super!!! Tfs!

Debbie Buckland said...

Thanks everyone