Thursday, May 24, 2012

Annie Bella's Creative Paperclay(R) Tips #1


I am new to the world of Creative Paperclay(R) but I must say that I am in love.  It is one of the most versatile products I have ever worked with.  In my first project I made Recycled Beer Bottle Candleholders.  Part of the project was making a bunch of small embellishments with the paperclay.

When I made the embellishments I rolled out the clay and stamped images into it.  Then I cut them out with my X-Acto knife.  I found it was easier to do this on a small piece of cardboard with a slick surface, such as a cracker box, than to do it straight on my work area.  Working on the cardboard makes it easier because you can rotate the piece of cardboard when cutting out your stamped images and the slick surface and flexibility of the cardboard make it easier to lift the embellishments, which tend to stick when rolled out thin.

1 comment:

pooky said...

Thanks for the tip!! Happy Memorial Day:)
♥hugs♥
Bev