Thursday, July 28, 2011

Easy Daisy Hair Comb - 6 Steps

By Amanda Marks

Many of you remember my Poppy Hair comb from the last project I did.  I really wanted to do a daisy for this project.  Shasta Daisies are my favorite flowers and I really wanted to make a daisy hair comb for a party we are attending at the end of the month.  Since the technique is very different than the poppy hair comb I thought it would be acceptable to share as my second project for the month.

Materials:
1 Hair Comb (mine was recycled)
Paperclay
Rolling Pin (I use a Fondant Roller)
Sculpting Tools (your choice)
Scissors
Paint
Hot glue


 My recycled Hair Combs.


1.  Roll out a 2" snake.  Flatten it with a rolling pin.  Take sculpting tool or scissors and create a rectangle.

2.  Cut fringes down the length of clay with scissors leaving about a 1/4" at the bottom.

3. Take another piece of clay about 1/2" wide.  This will be the center of the flower.


4. Spread water along the edge of the fringe  Wrap the fringe around the ball smoothing the bottom as you go.

5.  Spread flower petals out.  Let dry for 24 hours.

6.  Paint and seal flower.  Hot Glue flower to comb.

Finished - Hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial (my daughter loves the hair comb.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is fabulous. Thanks for showing the process of making the "fringe". Never would have guessed. You make it look so easy too.
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

MarissArt Dollmaker said...

Incredible! I just love your flowers girl!

Cindy said...

I think this is a super cute barrette! Great tutorial too. You could really experiment with different kinds of flowers or make up your own!

Hugs XX
Barbara